Okay, let’s talk about Instagram Reels because these metrics are getting ridiculous.
Here are some stats from WP Dev Shed on Instagram Reels:
- The Instagram Reels feature generates 67% more engagement than standard Instagram videos.
- 70% of marketers surveyed said they plan to boost their video content on Instagram.
- Brands receive more engagement on Instagram Reels than on TikTok by 387,000 more likes.
- 9 out of every 10 Instagram users watch videos each week.
- Instagram Reels video provides 8% more real estate than TikTok does.
Has Instagram Reels usurped static images? Will the future of social media be non-static? Should content creators spend more time on video?
As a social media manager, I have noticed the PRONOUNCED difference in posting a regular static asset versus an Instagram Reel. Not only is there a great Reach, Impressions, there is a higher chance of reaching a brand new audience. Ahhh, I love it.
I’m interested to see if there are any drawbacks to this new trend. If all companies are posting Reels, boosting them, will Instagram viewers become tired of this same type of content? Will we start to consider Meta and the Metaverse as the new trend?
I created a separate Instagram account to try out new Reels — check them out: